Shimmering Impetus

Shimmering Impetus
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin

25 August 2016

William

yes i feel this way about you
shall i shut down and deny out of fear?
i started this way, and look where i am
desperation and pain chase me
back into darkness within. they push me
up against the bloodied walls of my heart
fucking the life out of me until
there's no strength left.
i told you once before, and i was right
it is her. anastasia in a royal blue dress.
the demon of my life force that strays my eyes off him
onto the killing love she claims
i'd rather be hated than loved in her way.
i'll come to you again and in that moment you'll realize
the contrast of white against blue waves licking at our feet
purple sunsets behind the house of chains
and all the promise entailed in one lost shoe.
can you possibly know what's inside right now?
that you're doing to me what i did to you?
will i do to another what you've done to me?

-larock 08/14/94