Shimmering Impetus

Shimmering Impetus
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin

11 October 2010

AGAIN

Again I'm left here

Standing holding an empty bag

Because your mind is so elusive to me

And your heart seems like an unattainable goal

Again I feel like all is lost

Because they've taken all I have and I have nothing left to give

I reach out for a hand but it fades away

Again all is pointless and fruitless to me without you

Because I've searched for so long, so blinded by love

Again I asked for an impossible impetuous thing

It's crazy and stupid and beautiful and suffocating

All at once if that can be so

I no longer function as a human being

Again, I am as a dead man

A limp shell of dry empty bones

My heart left the room when you did

Again I reached out for your hand but

you put it in your pocket for a sunny day

I cling so breathless to the cold steel bannister

You stand and lock my gaze, then turn from me

I represent all that you hate

Secrets told in confidence

Collide with the news of the day

Again I reach this time for broken blades of grass

You rise up

Say it's not enough

I wring my brittle hands desperate for a sign of approval...or love?

So sick

Pause wait a sign of life

emotion, feeling, run down marble slide glass staircase

Dancing alone

Again

Seeing, breathing, seeing clearly

How the essence of all I've been denied

Is laid at my feet in clouded blocks of time

Again all I know is that my own love is my worst enemy.




LaRock

10/92