Shimmering Impetus

Shimmering Impetus
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin

22 October 2010

STRIPPED

Tell me later when you're more than just a muffled voice Stumbling over zip codes and cold cream creamed corn and corned beef beef sticks stiff necks soaking blood wet set on salty scarlet wings couldn't commit or deny come in or reply there's nobody there Who am I to see what isn't there, lapping with heated tongues at the pink flow from the breast of a world without much more to give and a lot left to take Etched in eternal submission or fear out here hope could easily atrophy slowly drinking up soaking in a fictional past pleasing pandering to amateur laughter from the fifth row only visible the famous grin of alice's friend crashing arched eyebrow raised enemy little girl's eating a big black wolf jumping the gulf over kill the piggies and bury their bodies the bricks were all useless the mortar ignited surfeited sir suffer the slighted i skipped and i slipped now I'm stripped down to everything that is me carefully lost notes fumbling down a shy alley on a curious whim a wondrous wedding of life and of limb said I'm stripped true said I to her yes traitor I've changed I'm no longer your liar yes traitor I've changed I'm no longer your LIAR.

LaRock 04/01/94