Shimmering Impetus

Shimmering Impetus
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin

11 October 2010

SEAHORSES

I walk through that cold jagged moment

when everything stopped

her eyes full of tears

her soul as dry as mine

and when she crosses that bridge the ones before her have burned

her feet catch fire, and she runs

but falls to her knees in the river

and drifts away renewed, her eyes opening like flowers

In a dream she sings to starfish

rides her seahorse down to the deepest part of being

just like cinderella in her sparkling dress

reaching for that window high above our heads

and now nothing can change this nothing nothing

I bared my soul risking your laughter

It's like asking a shattered plate to heal

spontaneously

soaking up my breath like a sponge

trapped in the beauty of your smile

You were so close to me I could kiss you

So far away now I can't see you

Pulling at the tight threads of what you fear will never come undone

And nothing can change this, it's only me

Just the witch, she said, coming home

it's over and we can do nothing but cry

and ride our seahorses





LaRock

1990