Shimmering Impetus

Shimmering Impetus
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin

11 October 2010

JELLY

I look, I see what you've done, and I come,

but not in the usual way, in the way that seems best

but the way I see you from the corn-er of my eye

as one who forgot his first one

and the way you never get it wrong

always laughing like hyenas in the park on cold summer night

you are frightened, and I hold you,

but there's no one around to hold me

while I fall through the hole in my heart and the ache in my head burns

like the heat in your eyes, full of questions we're afraid not to ask

and we come, but not in the usual way, in the way that seems best

but the way you draw hate around you like a warm blank-et

And the way I softly scream my approval

the rain wanting out of my soul

But cursed pride says otherwise

and keeps the shell of who I used to be calm and collected.

It is not me, it never was

Though when you kissed that vacant skin

I felt it

other things i've felt have hurt more than that

and so I go now I have come.





LaRock

02/90