Shimmering Impetus

Shimmering Impetus
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin

11 October 2010

THE HOWL

Howl and murmur

Cry into the air

The heir her hair

A tangled jangled soup of loops

And laughing

Stifling, suffering

All this, this all

Is killing me

I wanted to believe it was true

I wanted not to find this I've

Been living someone else's life

So wrong so wrong

This life-like “love” makes an albatross a farce

Of life-like alluvial feelings

Swallowed up by the evil hungry gut of fate

The swans smiling drift by gently

As the elusive grains of sand slip with brvity

Through time's narrow waist

Unnoticed

A slim passing chance of hope

Or a tourniquet there to choke it

A howl, a growl

A cry into the tainted air

The stares- I care not who sees this time

Unashamedly I let it all run wild

Abysmal and dismal

Acrid shoots of mutely abject wonder

Pilfered and plundered

All agog

Intoxicated not with life, but with living

For the first time, I scream

Absolved in toxic absolution

A million years of torture

Spilling out into your hands

You drink it in ironic aberration

Immortality

A single raised brow

I detect wrinkles forming

In the distance

A maniacal, murmured howl

It's gone

Gone

Gone.



LaRock

12/93