Shimmering Impetus

Shimmering Impetus
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin

11 October 2010

CORNUCOPIA

"Though I've rubbed my eyes until they bled,
These tear stains won't come out," I said
In my still solitude, in my spinning head
In that beautiful moment life imitates DEATH.

Like a shattered scream I cannot hold
Like the heat that only makes me cold
Like my scattered thoughts laying at your feet
Like the guilt that is my safe retreat

Cornucopia- All I lack is everything

So I pick up the phone, put it back in the cradle
Before you pick up and I say something fatal
Those three little words that can curse and can kill
That strangle and mangle and TANGLE my will

Like a lovely meadow filled with dirt
Like the love for her that only hurts
Like a smiling mother's bitter sorrow
Like all the times we say, "tomorrow".

Cornucopia- All I lack is everything

So I turn out the light, try to drown in the dark
But your face looms before me, so dangerously marked
Disjointed and pointed, anointed in med
Lips blue as the sky, eyes red as BLOOD

Like losing your soul when you thought you had found it
Diving into the danger and not going around it
Like I pray the lord my soul to keep
Like a deep and cruel and maddening sleep

Like my tortured heart was dry and hard
Like a lonely desert, cracked and scarred
Til you tore it in two like a delicate flower
and the tears tumbled down from your ebony tower

Cornucopia- All I lack is everything


LaRock
03/93