Shimmering Impetus

Shimmering Impetus
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin

11 October 2010

THE GREEN ROOM

Possessed by all thing Precious and Hated

Holding that mirror to the sun,

You tear at my soul as I rend my flesh

And I try to cry but the tears aren't there

I try to speak but the words won't come

I break all these chains mistaking freedom for being free

I try to go on, but functioning has become a far-away goal

to my outstretched hands

And my love has been reduced to that of a dog

Wallowing in my own sweat and blood, as I feel my way inside my heart

To that chilling repose that cuts into the darkness of my empty room

Why?

Why aren't you here?You had me on

Like the random toss of a coin in the air

Suddenly I was too young and naive

And you needed her like god needs Lolita

Isn't that how it usually is anyway?

I can't live anymore

Seeing you always in drag, the exhibitionist of the hour

Dancing around my hips and wide-open legs

In your red shoes, in our green room

The sun is there, approaching like an unwanted visitor

Revealing all my ugliness and the bone of reality

Oh my god- the urge has departed just as quickly as it came

As I wipe dry my damp brow

We see broken hearts covered in broken skin

Possessed as always by a loneliness that will never go away.




LaRock

1992